Time to get the party started...again

• Thank you received: 29

mrnemesis created the topic: Time to get the party started...again

Well it has been a whirlwind of a year and Day0 has not had the love it deserved but that is changing starting now.

First up I am devoting more time to both the community and the incoming shop. As a Day0 member made me realise to make this successful I need to have time to actually do stuff. This sounds simple but balancing a family, job and this awesome community required me to change the way I do things. I am now at a point where I have made changes and am ready to unleash the Nem.

First up and before I outline my ideas I want your opinion/ideas of how day0 community could better serve you the awesome gamer person?

Ideas so far:
- Gaming competitions
- Regular community polls
- Events, both community run and member run

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

Jawsh replied the topic: Time to get the party started...again

mrnemesis wrote: First up and before I outline my ideas I want your opinion/ideas of how day0 community could better serve you the awesome gamer person?

Competitions. Long, long ago Day0 had a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive competition. The most recent mention of a new competition that I've seen are the words "Project Argo - Comp" in a TeamSpeak channel (before the server wipe.) Do we think that would be something to serious consider?

mrnemesis replied the topic: Time to get the party started...again

This is indeed a thing, we are waiting for the argo release on the 22nd to evaluate running a comp. Also we learnt a lot from the counter strike comp with issues from admins in the comp abusing the rules and being too lenient on time wasters. We will be having a clear separation between competitors and organisers.

Otherwise I am for the idea of comps. Also open to raffles and even things like esports.

• Thank you received: 1

GreyMatter replied the topic: Time to get the party started...again

Maybe a weekly or monthly poll on the website to increase traffic? Could be fun for the community too... I'm not sure what questions we could ask though... maybe vote on what competitions we could do for the future like Jawsh said, and more?

mrnemesis replied the topic: Time to get the party started...again

Community polls is a great idea and having weekly ones would keep content fresh and interesting. I have some gamer ones which may be cool like: do u play inverted mouse in FPS or not or DOTA v's LOL or Are all spawn campers scum of the earth :P

I am adding these ideas to the OP as we go.

• Thank you received: 12

incontrovertible replied the topic: Time to get the party started...again

mrnemesis wrote: do u play inverted mouse in FPS or not

No-one does that =/

Events, events, events! We need to make it easy for community members to create and share events on the site like a calender or something so that we can have a Left 4 Dead all-nighter campaign or a GTA gun running race or whatever else anyone can think of!

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Website Security Test